Evolutionary Ecology of Species Interactions
Understanding biodiversity requires more than identifying the number of species on earth. We must also elucidate how species interactions govern the dynamics of communities, ecosystems, and species diversity. My lab uses a broad combination of approaches including experimental ecology, field observations, molecular phylogenetics, and population genetics to understand the role that interspecific interactions play in creating diversity.
Outreach & Affiliations
- Archbold Biological Station
- We conduct research at the Archbold Biological Station in Florida, an amazing resource for researchers and instructors.
- Evolution Education
- As part of a National Science Foundation funded project, our lab group developed a teaching module for 3rd-5th grade students to improve evolution education. The module focuses on evolution and uses examples from the Florida scrub ecosystem.
- Women in Science and Engineering
- WiSE offers a number of exciting opportunities.
Congrats to Pristine!
Pristine won the Donald Lundgren Memorial Award!!!